Family Works spreads awareness and knowledge about family violence in partnership with other organisations and networks. At present, we have a particular focus in Tauranga and Whakatane communities and Auckland secondary schools.
Our passionate, trained professionals work in schools and communities to:
- raise awareness of family violence and its impact
- encourage people to take a stand against violence
- network with others to help prevent violence.
What you can do
- Keep an eye out for events and presentations like those below
- If you or your family are experiencing violence, contact your local Family Works site.
Initiatives we’ve been involved with:
- White Ribbon.
- It’s Not OK song quest.
- Mangere College becoming an ‘It’s not OK’ school.
“As a community we can do this together…We know that most people want to help, they are just not sure how to.”