Family dispute resolution

Need to make child care arrangements during or after a separation?

When parents separate, it can be a stressful time for the whole family. It’s better for everyone if you can sort out your children’s day-to-day care without the time and expense of going through the Family Court.

If you need help to reach agreement, the Family Works Resolution Service can support you through the whole process. A qualified family mediator will:

  • make sure mediation is right for you
  • offer coaching sessions
  • work out whether you qualify for government funding
  • give you time to express what’s important to you
  • help you decide on your child’s care arrangements.

For full details visit our Family Works Resolution Service website.

What does it cost?

If you qualify for legal aid, the entire process is free.

If one party qualifies for legal aid, coaching is free but the rest of the process costs $448.50 per person.

Where to start

The service is available at:

| Kaitaia | KeriKeri | Kaikohe | Dargaville | Whangarei | Wellsford | Orewa | Auckland – North | Auckland Central | Auckland East | Auckland – West |  Auckland South | Hamilton | Tauranga | Thames | Whakatane | Rotorua | Taupo | Gisborne | Napier | Hastings |

Contact us:

“I was happy to hear that the children didn’t need to be dragged through courts. The judges don’t know us or the children so the mediation option was really good.”

This service is available at:

| | | | | | |