Walking out the prison gates
What does someone do after they leave prison? Life can be confusing or scary without support. Our Out of Gate service helps women serving a short sentence to find their feet again in the community once they’re released.
Our Out of Gate workers can help with:
- reconnecting with family and community
- finding the right healthcare.
How does it work?
- An Out of Gate family worker receives a referral.
- The woman due for release works out a reintegration plan with support from an Out of Gate family worker.
- The woman leaves prison.
- Support is provided in the community by the Out of Gate family worker and other agencies.
“I want to do what I can to help break the cycle.”