Family Works Regional Conference 2017
Workshop: Writing Strength Based Case Notes, Plans and Smart Goals and Actions
by Amanda Smith, Service Manager – Family Works Northern
When: 12:00PM – 1:00PM, Tuesday 18th July 2017 Room: Lyell Creek 1
Aims of the session are:
To be able to write case notes that reflect a strengths based approach.
- To increase the number of Strengths based questions in your Kete.
- To reflect on the language you use and change if required
- To be able to write Goals and Actions in the Child/Whanau plan that are strengths based and SMART
Outcomes will be:
- Case notes reflect a strengths based approach and language honors the person at all times and is objective, respectful and meaningful
- Plans are child centred and written with Strengths based language
- Plans are SMART (Specific, measurable, achievable, time framed, realistic).
Amanda Smith brings 34 years’ experience in social work to her role as Service Manager at Family Works Te Hononga. Most recently, she was National Implementation Manager for the Children’s Action Plan, working to establish Children’s Teams throughout the country. Amanda’s background is in government and NGO services both in New Zealand and Australia. Her career has focused especially on child safety and disability support services.