Got money worries? Get support with our budgeting services
What do you need?
- Free budget advice and planning.
- Intensive budgeting support to manage debt and creditors on your behalf.
Our financial mentors provide more than budgeting. They provide a one-on-one service focusing on empowering you to get control of your money. They will work alongside you, your family and whānau, building trust and taking into account the complexity of your specific needs.
Financial mentors have a non-judgemental approach and sound financial knowledge. They will support you to make connections with local networks and social services to ensure you get the right support at the right time (these can include Work and Income, support services for mental health, addictions, housing, etc).
This could mean the financial mentor:
- supports and empowers you to navigate the system to control debt by negotiating reduced payments or generating additional resources
- advocates on your behalf to negotiate with creditors or other lenders.
We can help you work out your finances and plan for the future with our budgeting services. Regardless of whether you receive a benefit, ACC payments, wages or a salary, we’re here to help you become financially independent.
Where to start
- Call us on 09 835 1288 for free budget advice and planning (Family Works Waitakere) or 09 639 2016 (Family Works Leslie Centre)
- Bring your ID & financial documents to the interview (bank statements, rent/mortgage information, payslips, credit card statements, etc).