Have you been affected by the recent flooding?
Are your children struggling to cope?
Do you want to provide better support for your children?
Your family may be experiencing the following issues that may have been caused or made worse by the recent flooding:
- Significant change within the family
- Behavioural challenges and/or changes in your children
- Family conflict and/or harm
- Emotional stress, such as sleeping difficulties and anxiety
- Financial hardship
- Confusion around where to access the right support
Family Works Northern is here to help and all our services are free. We work with children and their families and build strength and resilience.
Our trained social workers and counsellors work with families to meet their needs and help them find a way
through their problems. Our aim is to reduce the impact of recent flooding felt by families, and give hope for a better future.
We realise that a family’s needs may change over time, so we aim to provide the appropriate level of support to help them build trust, skills, knowledge and resilience.
Family Works offers a range of services for families, children, parents and caregivers:
- Counselling helps families address challenges to get through difficult times and build positive family relationships
- Parenting Support improves the skills you need to be a great parent in difficult times, and can help you address your child’s challenging behaviour
- Family Workers provide practical support and advocacy. We can work with your family on the complex issues in your lives, and connect you with other agencies for practical assistance
If you have any concerns about you or your family, please call and speak to one of our trained workers who will be able to talk to you about how we can support you and your family.
Phone: (07) 307 1133
Drop in at 156 The Strand, Whakatane