Giving babies the best start to life
Finding it hard to parent your baby or young child?
We’re here to help you give your child the very best start in life. Waitakere Family Start is a free service for parents and caregivers who face challenges in parenting their babies and young children. We can be there for you from when mum is three months pregnant right through the first five years of your child’s life.
We will work with you to help you:
- meet your baby’s growing and changing needs
- form a strong bond with your child
- find the right healthcare
- keep your baby/child safe
- learn more about parenting
- get in touch with other services you may need.
Where to start?
- You can be referred to Family Start by your doctor, midwife, Plunket nurse, Well Child provider or other agency.
- Contact Family Start on 09 837 3517 or email email@example.com
- A family worker will visit you at home or work to help you make a plan for your family.
Waitemata Family Start is jointly provided by The Fono (West) and Family Works Northern. We are committed to working together to make Aotearoa the best place to raise children.
“It’s helpful to know I’m not the only one learning how to raise kids properly.”