Supporting mums and dads in prison
We help parents in prison improve their parenting skills and communicate better with their children. The seven-week Parenting in Prison programme is run in prisons by our family workers.
The programme helps parents:
- answer children’s questions
- understand the likely effects of separation
- reintegrate after release (with a follow up in person and another over the phone).
Where to start:
- Contact one of the Family Works sites listed below, either for yourself or on behalf of someone you know.
- A family worker will talk you through the process and can refer you to a case manager.